Appetizer Pizzas Recipe
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- TRADITIONAL PIZZAS:
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- MEDITERRANEAN PIZZAS:
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 carton (7 ounces) hummus
- MARGHERITA PIZZAS:
- 9 thin slices tomato
- 1 package (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1. Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Place oiled side down on grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed. Brush tortillas with oil; turn and top with pizza toppings.
- 2. For Traditional Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with pepperoni and cheese. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pizza sauce.
- 3. For Mediterranean Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato, olives, feta cheese and onions. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is heated through. Cut into wedges; serve with hummus.
- 4. For Margherita Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese and basil. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pesto. Yield: 9 appetizer pizzas.
3 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Appetizer Pizzas
"This is really good!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer