- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- TRADITIONAL PIZZAS:
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- MEDITERRANEAN PIZZAS:
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 carton (7 ounces) hummus
- MARGHERITA PIZZAS:
- 9 thin slices tomato
- 1 package (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Place oiled side down on grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until puffed. Brush tortillas with oil; turn and top with pizza toppings.
- For Traditional Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with pepperoni and cheese. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pizza sauce.
- For Mediterranean Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato, olives, feta cheese and onions. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is heated through. Cut into wedges; serve with hummus.
- For Margherita Pizzas: Top three grilled tortillas with tomato slices, mozzarella cheese and basil. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with pesto. Yield: 9 appetizer pizzas.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Appetizer Pizzas
Sort By :
This is really good!