"I made changes to a barbecue sauce recipe to meet my family's taste," writes Cheryl Crowson, Sundance, Wyoming. "When we needed a quick appetizer for a get-together, I tried the sauce over prepared meatballs, and everyone enjoyed it."
72 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, thaw
- meatballs in microwave according to package directions. Stir into
- sauce; heat through. Yield: about 6 dozen.