Appetizer Chicken Kabobs
These little chicken kabobs are a perfect appetizer. They're quick and easy to prepare, which means I can spend more time visiting with guests. —Gail Ponak, Viscount, Saskatchewan
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 to 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour half into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large plastic bag; add
- onions. Seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Drain and reserve marinade
- from onions. On soaked wooden skewers, thread a piece of chicken,
- onion, mushroom and another chicken piece.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil 5 in. from the heat, turning and
- basting with reserved marinade after 3 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes
- longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 20-24 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs equals 58 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium,