Appetizer Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 to 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large plastic bag; add onions. Seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Drain and reserve marinade from onions. On soaked wooden skewers, thread a piece of chicken, onion, mushroom and another chicken piece.
- 3. Place on a broiler rack. Broil 5 in. from the heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade after 3 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 20-24 appetizers.
2 kabobs: 58 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Appetizer Chicken Kabobs
"I was wondering if you use the second marinate and cook in oven as casserole."
"Marinated chicken only...had enough marinade for 6 (5 oz.) breast halves plus 1/3 c. set aside for basting. Threaded onto long skewers for a family meal, using the mushrooms and red onion petals in place of the green onions, then grilled them. Wonderful!"
"Very yummy!!! Marinaded the meat overnight. added onions a few hours before assembling to flavor them too. These cooked up very well in the oven; soak skewers before assembling. Added bonus - leftovers will be great in chinese dish."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer