- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 to 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large plastic bag; add onions. Seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Drain and reserve marinade from onions. On soaked wooden skewers, thread a piece of chicken, onion, mushroom and another chicken piece.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil 5 in. from the heat, turning and basting with reserved marinade after 3 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 20-24 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Appetizer Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
I was wondering if you use the second marinate and cook in oven as casserole.
Marinated chicken only...had enough marinade for 6 (5 oz.) breast halves plus 1/3 c. set aside for basting. Threaded onto long skewers for a family meal, using the mushrooms and red onion petals in place of the green onions, then grilled them. Wonderful!
Very yummy!!! Marinaded the meat overnight. added onions a few hours before assembling to flavor them too. These cooked up very well in the oven; soak skewers before assembling. Added bonus - leftovers will be great in chinese dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Kabobs >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >