Appetizer Blue Cheese Logs
Three kinds of cheese and some curry powder make this cheese log a little more lively than most.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese. Fold in cheddar cheese and blue
- cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small skillet, saute curry powder in butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Cool
- slightly. Roll cheese mixture into two logs, about 5 in. long. Roll
- in pecan mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 2 cheese logs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 195 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.