Appetizer Blue Cheese Logs Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese. Fold in cheddar cheese and blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute curry powder in butter for 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Cool slightly. Roll cheese mixture into two logs, about 5 in. long. Roll in pecan mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese logs.
2 tablespoons: 196 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Appetizer Blue Cheese Logs
"I tried this recipe several years ago. It came on a cut out card from a taste of home cookbook. It was wonderful and I make this frequently for gatherings and everyone loves it."