Appetizer Artichoke Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Set aside. Place removed bread in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, butter and sesame seeds; spread onto a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the crumb mixture, cheeses, artichokes, garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper. Spoon into bread shells.
- 4. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece equals 321 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Appetizer Artichoke Bread
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.