Appetizer Artichoke Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Set aside. Place removed bread in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, butter and sesame seeds; spread onto a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumb mixture, cheeses, artichokes, garlic, parsley and lemon-pepper. Spoon into bread shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Appetizer Artichoke Bread(3)
Sort By :
This recipe received positive comments at a party for tasting a friend's new cranberry wine. It was a good accompaniment along with other finger foods. My French bread must have been extra large because the generous portion of filling didn't make the top of the bread, but the filing held together well when I cut the loaf in squares. The smooth, slightly tangy filling pairs well with the crunchy bread. I had made the recipe weeks earlier, baked half and froze half. Yesterday's was the frozen half and it tasted just as good, if not better than the original.
Made this appetizer for a Holiday party this weekend. It is amazing. It was the first app to go and everyone asked me for the recipe. I did not put the sesame seeds in it and I did use 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >