Anytime Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, green pepper, oregano and cumin in oil until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, broth, water, brown sugar, chili powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Anytime Turkey Chili
Sort By :
Wonderful flavors! Ou new favorite chili!
Wonderful flavors! Our new favorite chili!
I was very hesitant to add the pumpkin but this was just the missing ingredient in ALL chilis! Fantastic! Just make sure you don't use the canned pumpkin pie. Use the pure pumpkin. I used 2 lbs ground turkey because that is what I had in the freezer. Just amazing! Thank you!
Was very good... and not too difficult to toss together. I used ground turkey instead of cubed and added a little extra chili powder and an extra can of beans. Next time I think I will add in some corn (a suggestion from hubby). Will be making again!
I really wanted to like this, but we didn't.