Anytime Frittata Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, oregano and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. oven-proof skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- 2. Pour reserved egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese and capers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.