We enjoy frittatas often at our house. They're a great way to use up leftover vegetables, cheese and meat. Enjoy this hearty recipe with fruit and biscuits for a light dinner. Lynne Van Wagenen-Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, oregano and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. oven-proof skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Pour reserved egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and capers. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Anytime Frittata in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Anytime Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review