To chase away the winter chills, just throw together this hearty, flavorful soup and let the slow cooker do the work for you. I call the recipe "anything goes" because you can add or take out a variety of ingredients, and the soup still turns out absolutely delicious. —Sheena Wellard, Nampa, Idaho
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water and soups until blended. Add the vegetables, bouillon, parsley and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 15 servings (about 4 quarts).
Originally published as Anything Goes Sausage Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p64
Reviews for Anything Goes Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review