- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, lime juice, anise and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Any-Season Fruit Bowl
Sort By :
"I would cut the amount of sugar by half, it was way too much...and if you don't like the taste of black licorice, leave the anise out."
"Although I do like the flavor of licorice, I would omit it from this recipe."
"I would leave out the anise extract. I am not that found of the black licorice flavor and apparently neither did the other 25 people at my breakfast last year. Then I would have to rate it again."
"Nice Summer Dish!"