A refreshing fruit salad like this one is a welcome addition to a any meal. A hint of anise gives it festive flavor, and it looks gorgeous on a buffet table. —Frances Stevenson, McRae, Georgia
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, lime juice, anise and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Any-Season Fruit Bowl in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p13
Reviews for Any-Season Fruit Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review