Ants On a Log Spread
I make this snack as a protein pick-me-up. It reminds of “Ants on a Log” from my childhood, and it’s great on an English muffin or apple slices. —Lisa Hummitsch, Tinley Park, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Miniature whole wheat bagels or apple slices
- In a small bowl, combine the celery, raisins and peanut butter. Serve
- with bagels or apples. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without bagels and apples) equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 high-fat meat.