This is one of the few lettuce salads my husband will eat! Adding lemon juice to bottled dressing is an easy way to give it homemade flair.
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced halved zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced turkey salami, julienned
- 4 ounces reduced-fat provolone cheese, julienned
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup fat-free Italian croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, cauliflower and onions. Combine the salad dressing and lemon juice; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the romaine, tomatoes, mushrooms, salami, provolone and olives in a serving bowl. Add marinated vegetables; toss to coat. Top with the croutons and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Antipasto Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Antipasto Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review