Antipasto Sub Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound thickly sliced salami
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top, leaving a 1-1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Invert bread top; layer with olives, artichokes, red pepper, cheese and salami. Replace bread bottom. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate. Cut sub into slices; serve with the dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 338 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,150 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Antipasto Sub
"I have made this twice with a few changes; I chopped the artichoke hearts and olives together to make a rustic relish and I used 2/3 ham to 1/3 THIN sliced salami.Warming this sandwich in the oven really takes it over the top!"