- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound thickly sliced salami
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top, leaving a 1-1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Invert bread top; layer with olives, artichokes, red pepper, cheese and salami. Replace bread bottom. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate. Cut sub into slices; serve with the dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Antipasto Sub in Country Woman July/August 2000, p43
Reviews for Antipasto Sub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"I have made this twice with a few changes; I chopped the artichoke hearts and olives together to make a rustic relish and I used 2/3 ham to 1/3 THIN sliced salami.Warming this sandwich in the oven really takes it over the top!"