Antipasto Sub Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound thickly sliced salami
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top, leaving a 1-1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Invert bread top; layer with olives, artichokes, red pepper, cheese and salami. Replace bread bottom. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate. Cut sub into slices; serve with the dressing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Antipasto Sub in Country Woman July/August 2000, p43
Reviews for Antipasto Sub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"I have made this twice with a few changes; I chopped the artichoke hearts and olives together to make a rustic relish and I used 2/3 ham to 1/3 THIN sliced salami.Warming this sandwich in the oven really takes it over the top!"