Antipasto-Stuffed Baguettes Recipe
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, marjoram and rosemary, crushed
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1. In a blender, combine olives, oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs; cover and process until olives are chopped. Set aside 1/3 cup olive mixture (refrigerate remaining mixture for another use).
- 2. Cut the top third off each baguette; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 3. Spread olive mixture in the bottom of each loaf. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Fold salami slices in half and place over cheese. Top with the spinach, red peppers and artichokes, pressing down as necessary. Replace bread tops. Wrap loaves tightly in foil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 4. Serve cold, or to serve warm, preheat oven 350°. Place foil-wrapped loaves on a baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices; secure with a toothpick. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Antipasto-Stuffed Baguettes
"These sandwiches were great for our cookie baking party. I served them with carrots, grapes and a cheese dip. It's nice to have a make-ahead sandwich like this in the recipe file."
"I make this for picnic all the time. My family loves it!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer