- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, marjoram and rosemary, crushed
- 2 French bread baguettes (8 ounces each)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- In a blender, combine the olives, oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs; cover and process until olives are chopped. Set aside 1/3 cup olive mixture (refrigerate remaining mixture for another use).
- Cut the top third off each baguette; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture in the bottom of each loaf. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Fold salami slices in half and place over cheese. Top with the spinach, red peppers and artichokes, pressing down as necessary. Replace bread tops. Wrap loaves tightly in foil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold, or place foil-wrapped loaves on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices; secure with a toothpick. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Antipasto-Stuffed Baguettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p209
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Antipasto-Stuffed Baguettes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Antipasto >
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Appetizers >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Appetizers >