Antipasto Salad with Basil Dressing Recipe
“Serve this as an appetizer, side salad or a light meal. It's perfect for a family gathering or romantic picnic for two.” - Hunter Marlo of Blacksburg, Virginia
- 1 package (6 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 6 thin slices hard salami, quartered
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup salad croutons
- BASIL SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-1/2-qt. glass bowl, layer the first 10 ingredients in order listed. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 332 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC