Antipasto Salad Platter
This salad is made for nights when it's just too hot to cook. I used to work in a pizza and sub shop, where this platter was the most popular.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, olives and pepperoni. On a platter
- or individual salad plates, arrange the lettuce, olive mixture and
- tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-2/3 cups) equals 342 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,830 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.