Antipasto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) giardiniera, drained and cut
- 2 cans (one 3.8 ounces, one 2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces summer sausage, cubed
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the giardiniera, olives, red peppers, sausage, cheese and pasta. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 336 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Antipasto Pasta Salad
"Mjill, antipasto means before the pasta course. It's an Italian word, so anti does not mean "against" like it does in English. At any rate, looking forward to trying this. Looks wonderful! I'll leave out the sausage and cheese and either add smoked tofu or veggie pepperoni. :)"
"The salad was beautiful and delicious!"
"I WOULD LIKE TOTRY THIS RECIPE BUTON LOW SODIUM DIET, HOW I LOSE SOME OF THE SALT"
"For those who don't know, Giardinera is basically pickled cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions and peppers and can be found in the Italian section of your grocery store. I made this but I used salami instead of the summer sausage cause there is nothing italian about summer sausage. I also used provolone cheese... Yum!"
"I HAVEN'T TRIED THIS BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GIARDINIERA. I HAVE NEVER HEARD IF THAT. I AM NOT REALLY FOND OF GREEN OLIVES EITHER SO WOULD PROBABLY LEAVE THEM OUT."
"Took to work. Everyone loved it. I left out the giardiniera and added grape tomatoes. Delicious!"