- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 40 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 40 large pitted ripe olives
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 40 thin slices pepperoni
- 20 thin slices hard salami, halved
- Fresh parsley sprigs, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini, olives and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. For each appetizer, thread a stuffed olive, folded pepperoni slice, tortellini, folded salami piece, ripe olive and parsley sprig if desired on a toothpick or short skewer. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Reviews for Antipasto Kabobs
"SUPER quick and YUMMY! Used just black olives as the green ones with the salami seemed a little too salty for our taste but DEFINITELY a keeper!!"
"I have been making these for years. The recipe was in a Taste of Home appetizer magazine. They're great for all kinds of occasions from holiday get togethers to a summer picnic. They always go fast."
"I made this recipe for my future in laws and they loved it...this one is a keeper for life..."
"These were a big hit at a holiday party! Everyone loved them and these will be made again for the next get together! We have appetizers on Friday nights with the family, and they have already been requested. I made Italian Dressing and added some Tabasco for the family who loves spicy, and without for those who don't. ALL were gone in short order!"
"Very tasty. I love this recipe."
"These were a great hit and very tasty. Why would you add a piece of cheese when using cheese tortellini???"
"What a great idea to use the tortellini - I am making this for a Valentine's day party and I love that you can make it ahead of time - great idea"
"Very easy to make and using multi-color picks made a very nice presentation."
"These kabobs were good. Using the tortellini was a great idea! It was a little time consuming and slippery because of the oil, but I t went over well."
"Easy, filling and pretty! You can pretty much use what you have on hand. I used tortellini, pepperoni, grape tomatoes, black olives, basil, chunks of pepper jack cheese and everyone liked it! Zucchini chunks would be a good addition too."