- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 40 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 40 large pitted ripe olives
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 40 thin slices pepperoni
- 20 thin slices hard salami, halved
- Fresh parsley sprigs, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini, olives and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. For each appetizer, thread a stuffed olive, folded pepperoni slice, tortellini, folded salami piece, ripe olive and parsley sprig if desired on a toothpick or short skewer. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Reviews for Antipasto Kabobs
"Great for parties! I first made these while living in Italy and had access to fresh and authentic anitpasta--- so yummy!"
"Made these for our Christmas gathering using cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, salami,pepperoni, black and green olives and parsley. Found some 4 inch bamboo skewers that worked perfectly. Not many left over."
"easy and tasty! It is nice to have an appetizer that can be made up a little in advance of the event. Once I got into the rhythm of assembly these went together quickly. I used turkey pepperoni with no difference in taste and thus a little lower fat. I would also like to try marinating some mozzarella with the olives and tortellini for a little added cheese flavor. I used a light Italian dressing; it worked well and wasn't as oily as regular Italian dressing might have been. Perfect appetizer also if you're taking an appetizer to share to a function; travels well."
"Nice to be able to use lots of choices. Made some as written and made some with cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices for my vegetarian friends. I also added mozzarella balls. Marinated only the tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and mozzarella balls."
"SUPER quick and YUMMY! Used just black olives as the green ones with the salami seemed a little too salty for our taste but DEFINITELY a keeper!!"
"I have been making these for years. The recipe was in a Taste of Home appetizer magazine. They're great for all kinds of occasions from holiday get togethers to a summer picnic. They always go fast."
"I made this recipe for my future in laws and they loved it...this one is a keeper for life..."
"These were a big hit at a holiday party! Everyone loved them and these will be made again for the next get together! We have appetizers on Friday nights with the family, and they have already been requested. I made Italian Dressing and added some Tabasco for the family who loves spicy, and without for those who don't. ALL were gone in short order!"
"Very tasty. I love this recipe."
"These were a great hit and very tasty. Why would you add a piece of cheese when using cheese tortellini???"