- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss olives, artichokes, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons oil and basil until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, carefully unroll French loaf dough; roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Layer prosciutto, provolone cheese and red peppers lengthwise down center third of rectangle. Top with olive mixture.
- On each long side, cut 10 strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling, pinching ends to seal. Brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Antipasto Braid in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Antipasto Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Antipasto >
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >