Antipasto Braid Recipe
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss olives, artichokes, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons oil and basil until combined.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, carefully unroll French loaf dough; roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Layer prosciutto, provolone cheese and red peppers lengthwise down center third of rectangle. Top with olive mixture.
- 3. On each long side, cut 10 strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center.
- 4. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling, pinching ends to seal. Brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Antipasto Braid
"This sounds awfully good, fantastic. But it also sounds very expensive. I have all of these things on hand and I I'll make it. But all those little jars of things cot a lot."