Antipasto Appetizer Salad
Serve this with a slotted spoon as an appetizer or over torn Romaine lettuce to enjoy as a salad. I like it with toasted baguette slices on the side. —Tamra Duncan, Decatur, Arkansas
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 1/2 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Pepper to taste
- Toasted baguette slices or romaine lettuce, torn
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with baguette slices or over lettuce. Yield: 6 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Vlasic roasted red pepper strips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 132 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.