Antipasto Appetizer Salad Recipe
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 1/2 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Pepper to taste
- Toasted baguette slices or romaine lettuce, torn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 2. Serve with baguette slices or over lettuce. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 132 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Antipasto Appetizer Salad
"easy and quick"
"As l live quite far from a store, l have to "rearrange" recipes to suit what l have handy .I substituted fresh Red & Green Peppers and the results were great!Thanks Tamra for a super elegant Salad in this horrid weather it almost made me think of the Carribean!!Ann M. Goy. Yellow Creek, Saskatchewan. Canada"
"I would add some sliced pepperoni or chunks of cut up salami. I actually made something similar for dinner last night, with capers instead of olives, a can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh, and cooked broccoli spears, all tossed with whole wheat pasta. I call it "antipasto pasta". It was pretty good, basically antipasto over hot pasta to melt the cheese! Any combo of Italian ingredients would work!"