WE celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with dinner at a lovely pre-Revolutionary War restaurant in Pennsylvania, where I enjoyed a wonderful salmon chowder.
I wanted to duplicate it, so I put this recipe together, using salmon we had purchased in Alaska. It's a thick hearty soup.
-Barbara Harrison, Ringoes, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, saute the potatoes, carrot and onion in butter
- until tender. Reduce heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and
- stir for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 592 calories, 39 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of