Our test kitchen experts turned out a special treat by using tinted batter to "paint" a picture atop a basic cheesecake. You can follow our design...create your own...or leave it plain. Any way you slice it, this dessert serves up sweetness.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Red, yellow and green food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Combine the first three ingredients; press into the bottom of 9-in.
- springform pan. Bake at 325° for 6 minutes. Cool. In a large
- bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a
- small bowl, mix cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add to cream cheese mixture. Fold in sour cream. To make decorations
- if desired: Take 3 tablespoons filling and place 1 tablespoon each
- into three small bowls; using food coloring, tint filling in one
- bowl pink, one yellow and one green. Add lemon peel to remaining
- filling; pour into crust. Using a small spoon or a pastry bag, use