Anniversary Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Red, yellow and green food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; press into the bottom of 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 6 minutes. Cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture. Fold in sour cream. To make decorations if desired: Take 3 tablespoons filling and place 1 tablespoon each into three small bowls; using food coloring, tint filling in one bowl pink, one yellow and one green. Add lemon peel to remaining filling; pour into crust. Using a small spoon or a pastry bag, use colored filling to draw decorations on top of cheesecake (a toothpick will help define shapes). Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center still jiggles. Do not overbake. The center should not be completely set when removed from oven. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Chill overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Anniversary Cheesecake
"I made this for my husband for Father's Day, and it was fabulous! The only thing that I changed was that I doubled the graham cracker crust recipe and shaped it up around the edge of the spring form pan. Also, I substituted the sour cream for Greek yogurt. I will make this again....probably for hubby's birthday because he always asks for cheesecake instead of traditional birthday cake. Oh, and I didn't bother with decorating it like the instructions said. Yummy, yummy, yummy! ??,"
"Absolutely delicious (and I am not that fond of cheesecake)! I made this for my husband's birthday sans decorations. I used Neufch?tel cheese and fat free sour cream."
"What an incredible cheesecake. I only made half the amount of filling and that was lots!"
"I made this for Mother's Day. :-) It is so creamy and the perfect sweetness! I didn't add the lemon zest because I didn't want anything messing with the smoothness. I have a friend who is gluten intolerant so I made it without the crust. Who needs crust, anyway?! :) Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, creamy recipe! Terrific dessert...or breakfast! :-D"
"I have made this about 10 times. People keep asking for this specific cheesecake. Smooth and yummy. Just feels good on your tongue. I don't do the decorations on top, just serve with cold cherry pie filling."
"This is the best cheesecake I ever made. I made this cheesecake recipe for our 45th anniversary. I left off the decorations, and used a homemade strawberry sauce to top it with. This is the best---fantastic; I would make again.EH"