Ann's Special Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 cup small shell macaroni
- 1 can (14 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained or 1 tomato, seeded and diced or 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sweet or dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- 1. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender. Rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl. Add tuna, celery, onions, peas and pimientos; toss gently to mix. Combine Miracle Whip, pickle relish, ketchup, mustard and cream; fold into the salad. Add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 434 calories, 31 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Ann's Special Tuna Salad
"i must try it ..... www.botagaz.com"
"Too sweet for me...I should have known when Miracle Whip was listed as a main ingredient! But it's a very flexible recipe...you can probably throw in just about whatever you like. (I added chopped eggs, walnuts and black olives.) Overall we enjoyed it... I might even make it again if I can figure our how to unsweeten it a bit."
"My daughter just loved this. The dressing is much better than plain old mayo, though I did add a generous pinch of seasoned salt to it. I also added a couple of chopped hard-boiled eggs. Chopped radishes would also be a good addition."
"I use this dressing for other salads as well--easily can substitute fat-free mayo or veggie ingredients to your liking. I sometimes leave out the meat completely."
"i would add to this recipe chopped green pepers & substitute black olives for the pimientos"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.