Nothing is better at a potluck than a macaroni salad. This tuna salad features delicious celery, green onions and pimientos adding tasty flavor. This salad will be gone in no time.—Ann Kaiser, Wisconsin
- 1 cup small shell macaroni
- 1 can (14 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained or 1 tomato, seeded and diced or 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sweet or dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender. Rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl. Add tuna, celery, onions, peas and pimientos; toss gently to mix. Combine Miracle Whip, pickle relish, ketchup, mustard and cream; fold into the salad. Add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Ann's Special Tuna Salad in Country Woman July/August 1997, p2
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ann's Special Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review