- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons aniseed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and aniseed.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape into three 10-in. x 3-in. rectangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until firm and golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is set. Refrigerate in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Aniseed Biscotti
"Love these..I substitute 1tsp. of the vanilla for 1tsp. of Anise flavoring because we just love the flavor.Taste good with or without nuts.Good for dunking into coffee in the morning."
"this is my favorite biscotti recipe the person who came up with this recipe is a true genius thank you :)"
"TRY DIFFERENT KINDS OF NUTS AND YOU CAN PAINT THE BOTTOM WITH chocolate TOO PERFECT WITH COFFEE OR TEA"
"I am italian and these are one of the best that I ever made . Sometimes I use walnuts instead of almonds . My family , especially my husband love them !"