Aniseed Biscotti Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons aniseed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and aniseed.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape into three 10-in. x 3-in. rectangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until firm and golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is set. Refrigerate in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Aniseed Biscotti(3)
Sort By :
this is my favorite biscotti recipe the person who came up with this recipe is a true genius thank you :)
TRY DIFFERENT KINDS OF NUTS AND YOU CAN PAINT THE BOTTOM WITH CHOCOLATE TOO PERFECT WITH COFFEE OR TEA
I am italian and these are one of the best that I ever made . Sometimes I use walnuts instead of almonds . My family , especially my husband love them !
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Anise Cookies >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >