Anise Sugar Cookies Recipe
As much as I love giving away my baking, a few goodies—like these cookies—are "keepers". The light anise flavor and melt-in-your-mouth texture make them a perfect after-dinner treat. —P Marchesi, Rocky Point, Long Island, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:108 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Frosting and coarse sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, aniseed, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. If desired, frost cookies and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Yield: 9 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC