Anise Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Frosting and coarse sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, aniseed, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. If desired, frost cookies and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Anise Sugar Cookies(9)
Sort By :
It's a great cookie and easy to make
Has anyone tried this recipe without frosting but used color sugars or other decorations? I try to not use any frosting on my cookies because I have to make a lot and storing is harder. Thanks.
After looking for months to find the exact anise sugar cookie that my grandmother made when I was little, I FOUND IT!!! Truly delicious and so easy to make. I am making them for my Cookie Exchange party in December. Hope everyone loves them as I do!
I am a cookie monster, I substituted one cup sugar substitute for the sugar, added one small bag of fresh frozen cranberries folded in from the freezer at the last in place of pecans,and added 1/3 cup Dark karo SURYP into the butter mixture. EVERYTHING ELSE I FOLLOWED TO THE LETTER, baking 7 mins, resting, 7 mins, then baking another 7 miss
The purpose is to allow the old familliar Christmas popping sounds of the Cranberries, SIMULAR to bring inside tightly closed pine cones as they open indoors to spread their seeds. WONDERFULLY EXCITING FOR THE KIDS.
I love the Anise flavor and am never sure how much to put in the cookie recipe. I solved it by putting the Anise in the frosting and I can adjust to my taste...
More Recipe Collections
- Anise Cookies >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >