Anise Spritz Cookies
Buttery and delicate spritz cookies just melt in your mouth. The flavor of licorice from the anise extract makes them special.Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
96 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add
- to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough 1
- in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
- Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.