Anise Pumpkin Bread Recipe
We live in a rural area of Long Island where there's plenty of fresh air and friendly country folks. This recipe has traveled from one end of the island to the other.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, aniseed and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and stir until well blended. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 326 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Anise Pumpkin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC