Anise Icebox Cookies Recipe
There's just the right accent of anise in these crisp old-fashioned cookies from Sharon Nichols of Brookings, South Dakota.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and aniseed.
- 2. Shape into two 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 3. Unwrap; cut 1/4 in. off the ends of each roll. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 147 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC