Anise Icebox Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and aniseed.
- 2. Shape into two 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 3. Unwrap; cut 1/4 in. off the ends of each roll. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 147 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Anise Icebox Cookies
"Best in taste and texture! My favorite "adult" cookie."
"This cookie recipe is one of my go-to recipes...I've lost count as to how many times I've baked them! Flavor reminds me of Dutch (Speculaas) spice cookies that I used to dunk in my tea as a kid. Easy to whip the dough up and bake fresh as needed. Also freeze extremely well. Highly recommended recipe to try!"