- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and aniseed.
- Shape into two 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Unwrap; cut 1/4 in. off the ends of each roll. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Anise Icebox Cookies
Sort By :
"This cookie recipe is one of my go-to recipes...I've lost count as to how many times I've baked them! Flavor reminds me of Dutch (Speculaas) spice cookies that I used to dunk in my tea as a kid. Easy to whip the dough up and bake fresh as needed. Also freeze extremely well. Highly recommended recipe to try!"