Anise Fruit Salad Recipe
The thing I like best about fruit salad is you can change the ingredients based on what fruits are in season. Here, a subtle anise flavor highlights a bounty of fresh fruit.
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 6 cups cubed honeydew
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed orange sections
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and aniseed; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and reduced by one-third (about 1-1/2 cups). Remove from the heat; cover and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine honeydew, pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes and oranges. Pour anise mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add strawberries and banana; gently toss. Garnish with kiwi. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Anise Fruit Salad
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2010
"This is out standing !!!!!!!!!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC