Anise Fruit Salad Recipe
The thing I like best about fruit salad is you can change the ingredients based on what fruits are in season. Here, a subtle anise flavor highlights a bounty of fresh fruit.
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 6 cups cubed honeydew
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed orange sections
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and aniseed; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and reduced by one-third (about 1-1/2 cups). Remove from the heat; cover and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine honeydew, pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes and oranges. Pour anise mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add strawberries and banana; gently toss. Garnish with kiwi. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1/2 cup: 205 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Anise Fruit Salad
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2010
"This is out standing !!!!!!!!!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC