- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 6 cups cubed honeydew
- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed orange sections
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and aniseed; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and reduced by one-third (about 1-1/2 cups). Remove from the heat; cover and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine honeydew, pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes and oranges. Pour anise mixture over fruit; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add strawberries and banana; gently toss. Garnish with kiwi. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Anise Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p74
Reviews for Anise Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2010
"This is out standing !!!!!!!!!!!"