Anise Fruit Bowl
Toss together your favorite fruits for this delightful medley dressed with a pleasant anise-laced syrup. "This dish always goes over well," writes Alberta McKay of Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, lemon juice, aniseed
- and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes. Remove from the heat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Strain syrup; discard aniseed. Place fruit in a large bowl; add syrup
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.