This roll-out cookie dough is so easy to work with.Kate Hutchinson, Warrenton, Virginia
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix
- well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in aniseed. Chill for 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes. Cool on wire
- racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.