- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in aniseed. Chill for 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Anise Cutouts in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p41
Reviews for Anise Cutouts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review