Anise Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and aniseed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Add apple juice and mix well.
- 2. On a floured surface, knead until well blended, about 4-5 minutes. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 2-in. shapes. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine sugar and cinnamon; roll cookies in the mixture while still warm. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 254 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Anise Cutout Cookies
"These are really yummy! They needed more anise flavor though. So, we added a full Tblsp. Anise seeds and added 1-1/2 teasp. Anise flavoring. Perfection! Hit the flavor out of the Ballpark!"
"We love these. Are. Just like my Mother in law's recipe"