Anise Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- Red food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Butter an 8-in. square dish with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals.
- 2. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat; stir in extract and food coloring.
- 3. Pour into prepared dish. Using a sharp knife, score into 3/4-in. squares. Cool. Separate into squares, using a sharp knife if necessary. Place confectioners' sugar in a pan; add candy and roll until coated. Brush off excess sugar with a pastry brush.
- 4. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound (about 8 dozen).
2 each: 48 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Anise Candy
"Fabulous, I am not even a big fan of Anise, but this is wonderful and I have several ask for the recipe!"