Anise Almond Loaf Recipe
"I own two bread machines and love to come up with different recipes to try in them," writes Diane Widner of Blue Island, Illinois. "This golden loaf, with its tasty combination of anise and almond flavors, is especially nice to serve during the holidays."
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In bread machine pan, place first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add almonds. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Anise Almond Loaf in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p33
Reviews for Anise Almond Loaf(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review