Angler's Gelatin Delight Recipe
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 raisin
- 1 sweet red pepper strip
- Lemon and lime slices, green grapes and celery leaves, optional
- 1. Cut one slice from center of cucumber for fish's eye; chill. Peel and chop remaining cucumber. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add the celery, onion and chopped cucumber. Stir in the cottage cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Pour into one 8-in. round pan and one 8-in. square pan (or a 6-cup fish and lobster mold) coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- 2. Unmold round pan onto a 14-in. round serving platter. Unmold square pan onto a cutting board; cut in half diagonally to form two triangles. Position one triangle on the platter so tip touches circle, forming the tail. Cut remaining triangle in half. Place one half on top of the circle and the other on the bottom for fins; gently curve fins toward the tail.
- 3. For the eye, place reserved cucumber slice on the side of the circle opposite the tail; place raisin in center. Add red pepper strip for mouth. Garnish with lemon and lime slices, grapes and celery leaves if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 307 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Angler's Gelatin Delight
"This is a delicious salad. I confess I don't make it into a fish, just in a glass pan. :)"