- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 8 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 8 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup M&M's Minis
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions; spread over crust. Bake 23-28 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately top with kisses and M&M's, spacing evenly and pressing down lightly to adhere. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Angela's XOXO Shortbread Brownies in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p27
Reviews for Angela's XOXO Shortbread Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2012
"A nice twist on the regular brownie. I like shortbread & chocolate, so what can be better."